House of Fred Billups Lost in Fire March 11, 1883, Scotland Neck, NC

year 1883

March 15, 1883 (The Commonwealth, a newspaper of Scotland Neck, NC, 3d page)

–On last Sunday night, at 9½ o’clock, the alarm of fire was given, and was soon learned to be the house of Fred. Billups, a colored man living near Dr. Hall’s residence. The house caught from the chimney and sufficient help was not at hand to save the house. All the property was saved. Fred. had locked his children up during the day and left them long enough to go to church, and the house had caught twice during the day.


About Kindra

Executive Director for Quaker House, bringing a little bit of peace through counseling and support to military members and their families.
This entry was posted in Family History and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Drop a footnote (or comment!).

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s