D.C. Clark Suffers House Fire, NC, February 26, 1883

year 1883

March 8, 1883 (The Commonwealth, a newspaper of Scotland Neck, NC, 3d page)

The large and handsome residence of Col. D.C. Clark, near Enfield, was burned on the night of the 26th of February. We learn that nearly all the property in the lower story was saved, but all in the upper story was lost. The loss was very heavy.

Advertisements

About Kindra

Executive Director for Quaker House, bringing a little bit of peace through counseling and support to military members and their families.
This entry was posted in Family History and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to D.C. Clark Suffers House Fire, NC, February 26, 1883

  1. Pingback: George W. Branch, NC, died January 21, 1883 | Finding Their Stories

Drop a footnote (or comment!).

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s