Thomas Harriss Burned by Hot Lye, NC, 1882

newspaper

October 19, 1882 (The Commonwealth, a newspaper of Scotland Neck, NC, 3rd page, 1st column)

BURNED–Little Thomas, son of Mr. _ E. Harriss of this place, was quite badly burned last Monday, in a pot of hot lye. He was at play with a little son of Dr. Johnson, in the back yard where the servant was making soap, and in playing around he accidentally fell in a pot of hot lye and terribly scalded on arms and chest. The little fellow is doing as well as could be expected under the circumstances, but when last heard from he was suffering very much.

Advertisements

About Kindra

Executive Director for Quaker House, bringing a little bit of peace through counseling and support to military members and their families.
This entry was posted in Family History and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Drop a footnote (or comment!).

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s